While ShipTime Canada Inc. has made all efforts to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate, ShipTime Canada Inc. is not responsible or liable for any errors, inaccuracies, omission, misuse or for the results obtained from the use of any data or information. All information and data on this website are provided “as is” with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of results obtained from the use of this information.
ShipTime Canada Inc. reserves its right to make improvements and/or changes to the information contained and/or changes to the information contained in this website at any time without prior notice.
ShipTime Canada Inc. is not liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information on this website or for any loss, damage or claims of whatever nature for any direct, indirect, incidental or other damages whatsoever.
This website contains information supplied by third parties, and also provides links to other sources of information. Such information is provided, or accessed, for the benefit of those utilizing our site, and ShipTime Canada Inc. has tried to ensure that it is correct. However, ShipTime Canada Inc. is not able to guarantee the accuracy of such information, and therefore does not accept any liability or responsibility which might arise in reliance upon it.
By using this website customer agrees to abide by all the terms and conditions relating to the specific carriers below:
Actual weights of the individual shipments will be based on the relevant carrier’s formula for dimensional weights. If the dimensional weight exceeds the actual true weight, the carrier’s calculation of the dimensional weight will always apply. If there is a discrepancy between the weight that the client originally entered and the carrier’s dimensional weight, carrier’s dimensional weight will always apply. In such cases, the client acknowledges that their credit card will be charged the difference between the actual weight and the dimensional weight once that data has been provided by the carrier in question.
Client also acknowledges that they may not sign up for ShipTime Canada Inc. services if they already maintain an active account with any of the carrier’s listed in this Disclaimer.
By using this website and its contents, you automatically agree to its terms and conditions.
(ShipTime Canada Inc.): The facilitator of Declared Value Insurance between the Shipper and Insurer.
(INS): The insurance company (C M International / OmniTrans)
(Insured): The Shipper with Declared Value Coverage for Carriage Insurance.
(Shipping Carrier): The Company that is transporting the shipments covered by this Certificate.
(Total Declared Value): The total value of the item(s) declared for insurance coverage. Includes the Shipping Carrier provided coverage, if any.
Coverage provided by this certificate covers freight from all risks of physical loss or damage from an external cause (subject to exclusions) while in transit.
Shipments must originate from the United States of America and/or Canada. Outbound shipments must be sent from the Certificate address listed above or as endorsed. Inbound shipments must be received at the Certificate address listed above or as endorsed.
Coverage provided for commercial trucking, air, and ocean freight companies only – owned, leased or rented vehicles are not covered.
The following is a list of exclusions this certificate does not cover:
Household goods and personal effects are items that are used in a dwelling. These include furniture, appliances, clothing, linens and other household items that are not involved in a recent sale or under commercial invoice. Items sold on eBay or via online store are not considered household goods or personal effects as they are under commercial invoice. Also please note that the loss or shortage in a shipment which has occurred due to “dishonesty on the part of shipping carrier’s employees” or “theft occurring while shipping carrier’s vehicle is left unattended” will not be covered within the ShipTime Canada Inc. declared value for carriage insurance. Under such circumstances only the shipping carrier company/organization will be held responsible.
- Accounts, bills, currency, cash in transit, jewellery, precious stones, fine arts evidence of debt checks, money orders, COD payments, coins (collectible coins are not excluded), securities and other negotiable papers, tickets, deeds, notes, gift cards, manuscripts, documents, neon items, hazardous material (per UPS Hazardous Materials List), LCD monitors or screens, televisions (including LCD, plasma, CRT, projection, and similar), perishable cargo or similar property, eggs, any stone or ceramic slabs, automobiles, motorcycles, live animals, flowers, plants, seeds, cigarettes/cigars, cotton, guns (guns more than 100 years old are not excluded), tobacco, windows, plate glass, stained glass, float glass, and used household goods and used personal effects test.
- Loss, damage, shortage, or non-arrival of any parcel and its contents which is addressed or packed insufficiently to withstand the normal rigors of transit.
- Loss, damage, shortage, or non-arrival of any parcel and its contents when it bears a descriptive label or packaging which describes, or alludes to, the nature of the contents.
International shipments that contain customs declarations are NOT excluded from coverage
- Loss, damage, shortage arising out of loss of market, delay, loss of use, clean up costs, decay, inherent vies, or other deterioration, any remote or consequential loss, whether or not arising out of a peril insured against.
- War Exclusion / Atomic and Nuclear Exclusion: In no case shall this insurance cover loss damage or expense caused by (i) War, civil war, revolution, rebellion, insurrection, or civil strife arising there from or any hostile act by or against a belligerent power. (ii) Capture, seizure, arrest, restraint or detainment (piracy excepted), and the consequences thereof or any attempt thereat. (iii) Derelict mines, torpedoes, bombs, or other derelict weapons of war. In no case shall this insurance cover loss damage or expense arising from the use of any weapon of war employing atomic or nuclear fission and/or fusion or other like reaction or radioactive force or matter.
- Loss or damage due to mechanical, electrical, or electronic derangement unless there is evidence of external damage to the insured item or its packaging. Data files and installed computer programs are not covered for erasure, corruption, or loss.
- AIMU Extended Radioactive Contamination Exclusion clause.
- AIMU Chemical, Biological, Bio-Chemical, Electromagnetic, and Cyber Weapons Exclusion clause.
The following is a list of countries excluded:
Republic of Yugoslavia
Shipments to CIS nations on application
High Risk Cargo Coverage Exclusion and Deductible:
Glass, Mirrors, Ceramics, Porcelain Marbles and Similar interest, excluding breakage under 5% of the insured value per consignment – Deductible USD $500.00
Mineral powder, Nuts, Dried fruits, Seeds, Rice, Fertilizers, Resin powder and similar interest, excluding Leakage, Loss of weight, Infestation, Heating & Sweating – Deductible USD $250.00
Frozen foods, Frozen meat and Fish, Frozen fruits, Produce and Vegetables subject to temperature control and similar interest – Deductible USD $2500.00
All parcels that are covered by this Certificate will be shipped in strict accordance with all regulations of the carrier and amendments thereto.
If a deductible exists, it will be deducted from the total claim amount. Deductibles are on a per package basis. The Insured is responsible for collecting any amounts from the Shipping Carrier that the Shipping Carrier may be liable for. Claims will be paid net of Shipping Carrier’s per package limitation.
- Underwriters shall be liable for the invoice value of property lost, destroyed or damaged, however, in the event there is no invoice, underwriters shall be liable for the actual cash value of the property. Claims for repairs shall be payable for the fair market costs of such repairs.
- In no event shall claims exceed the value declared prior to shipment and declared for premium purposes.
- Underwriters are not responsible for any loss, damage, or shortage that is covered by another insurance policy or for carrier’s liability.
- If other insurance or coverage is present on a shipment, Underwriters will only provide the excess coverage.
- All packaging material and damaged goods must be kept in the original form as received. Packaging and damaged goods should not be disposed of or released to the shipping carrier before a claim is completed as photographs will be required. Failure to comply can result in the denial of the claim due to insufficient packing.
- Concealed Damage Allows for the discovery of loss or damage up to 15 days after final delivery. The loss is deemed to have possibly occurred during the insured transit. Discovery of loss or damage occurring 16 days or later after final delivery is deemed to have occurred while the shipment was NOT in transit, and therefore, is not covered.
- The Insured will file immediate notice of non-delivery, damaged, or shortage with the Shipping Carrier and with ShipTime Canada Inc.. Take proper exceptions on the delivery receipt when any loss or damage is apparent at the time of taking delivery. The Insured will complete an ShipTime Canada Inc. claim form and provide all required documents to ShipTime Canada Inc. within sixty (60) calendar days from the date of shipment.
- This Certificate* shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Ontario.
- The parties agree that any and all claims or disputes arising out of the Certificate or the performance of the Certificate shall be brought in the Province of Ontario.
- The Insured agrees to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS ShipTime Canada Inc. and Underwriters from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney fees that they may incur due to misreading, misunderstanding, and not following the coverage requirements as per this ShipTime Canada Inc. certificate or as endorsed.
- If ShipTime Canada Inc. does not receive payment from Insured by the date the invoice is due, ShipTime Canada Inc. reserves the right to deny any coverage retained by Insured until such invoice is paid in full (including any such interest accrued). If Insured does not pay its invoice within 15 days after it is due, ShipTime Canada Inc. reserves the right to cancel its coverage of Insured entirely.
- If any term or condition of this Certificate is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity or unenforceability of any such term or condition shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions of this Certificate.
- This Certificate constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the specific rights, duties, and obligations identified herein.
- Remittance of premium payment to ShipTime Canada Inc. constitutes acceptance of this agreement.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if have any questions.
Standard procedures in case of a claim:
A written notification must be provided re: lost/damaged goods (to be sent within 60 days of the shipment date);
Customer must provide all commercial documentation necessary to support the claim, making specific reference to the lost/damaged goods; the value of the loss/damage must be supported by the evidence contained in documents accompanying the shipment.
Delivery receipt noting exceptions;
Original Airway Bill / Bill of Lading / Shipping Instruction and carrier tracking number
Original Commercial invoice
Original packing slip
Customs forms (B3 or 7501)
Value of the loss/damage in $CAD or $USD
Last updated January 1, 2018
Personal Information We Collect
When you set up an account with us, or when you process shipments through our website, we collect certain personal information. That information includes:
- your name, address, phone number and email address;
- credit card information (at time of a transaction);
- account preferences, including website update information by email;
- names, titles, business contact information from our corporate and business customer contacts.
This information is collected and used for a number of purposes:
- To establish and maintain a commercial relationship with you and to provide you with products and services.Personal contact and credit card information is required to process your shipments. Account information is retained by us to enable our website to identify you, to allow you to set up and access your account. This information is used only for these purposes and is only retained in transaction records required for internal management and auditing purposes, unless you are informed otherwise or you provide your consent.
- To understand your needs and preferences.We maintain a record of the services you receive from us, and we may ask you for additional information so that we can serve you better.
- To provide you with information you have requested, and to keep you informed with respect to ongoing changes to our website.Your email address will be used to send you occasional announcements regarding our service. You can withdraw your consent for such mailings at any time by contact us as set out below.
- To develop, enhance or provide new products and services.We may from time to time conduct research, requesting input from our visitors to help us improve our website, products and services in an effort to serve you better. Your participation in such surveys is voluntary, and in some cases you may have the option to participate anonymously. However, your name, address, email and telephone number may be required to take advantage of bonuses or other benefits which are available to survey participants, in which case your contact information will only be used for notification and fulfillment purposes.
- To manage and administer our business.The nature of the Internet is such that it passively and automatically collects certain information about a user’s traffic patterns, which may be linked to their Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. These are unique Internet “addresses” assigned to all Web users by their Internet Service Providers (ISP). Server logs record statistical information, such as visitors’ IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, web pages requested, and identify visitors by categories such as domains and browser types. These statistics are only used on an aggregate basis and will not contain any information that could identify you personally.
- To meet legal, regulatory, security and processing requirements(such as in response to a court order), and otherwise as permitted or required by law.
If we intend to use personal information for purposes not identified to you or as set out above, these other purposes will be described to you at the time of collection or before using the information.We will not use your information for any other purpose without your consent.
Users also should be aware that non-personal information and data may be automatically collected through the standard operation of our Internet servers or through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are small text files containing a unique identification number that identifies your browser – but not you – to our servers each time you visit our website. Cookies are not pervasive or invasive programs that enter a user’s system and damage files. They simply tell us which pages of our website are visited and by how many visitors. Cookies cannot, by themselves, disclose the individual identity of any site user, and we never combine information gathered by a cookie with personally identifiable information like your name, telephone number or email address, without your consent.
Third Parties’ Access to Information
ShipTime Canada Inc. is not in the business of selling customer information to others. Our customer information is not available for sale to any outside entity. We contract with third parties to fulfill certain functions on our behalf, such as providing marketing assistance, analyzing data, preparing and maintaining site content, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These agents have access to customer information only as required in order to help them perform their functions on our behalf, but they are not allowed to use that information for any other purpose and must keep such information confidential.
Customer information is a valuable business asset. If for any reason ShipTime Canada Inc. transfers or divests itself of its business assets, our customer information will be transferred as one of those business assets.
ShipTime Canada Inc. will release customer information to the appropriate law enforcement, governmental or other authorities if legally required to do so. ShipTime Canada Inc. will also release such information if we feel it is necessary in order to protect our rights or the rights of our customers, affiliates, partners or any other party and for purposes of protection from fraud and credit risk.
Non-Secure Website Areas
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g., user name, email address) on non-secure areas of the ShipTime Canada Inc. website, that information can be collected and correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of ShipTime Canada Inc..
We store subscriber and password information on our website in a secure manner. We store such information in a manner not accessible to Web browsers, behind firewall and password protection, or offline.
This site has security measures in place (including the use of Secure Socket Layers (“SSL”) encryption technology) to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. All order forms are encrypted and are transmitted via a secure server.
Employees, agents and affiliates of ShipTime Canada Inc. who require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job or contractual requirements will have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill such requirements.
Updating Your Account Information
If you wish to update your personal information at ShipTime Canada Inc., use the “Account Mgmt.” option after logging in to access your account information and make changes online.
Removing Your Account InformationUpon request, ShipTime Canada Inc. will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally delete the user and his or her personal information from our databases; however, it may be impossible to delete a user’s entry without some residual information because of backups and records of deletions. You can email us email@example.com request that your account information be deleted from our servers.
ShipTime Canada Inc.
700 Dorval Dr.
Oakville, ON L6K 3V3
ATTENTION: Privacy Officer
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concerns, you may wish to contact the Privacy Commissioner viahttp://www.privcom.gc.ca/or by calling 1-800-267-0441.